Jack has had a couple mishaps the last two days. Yesterday, he fell at the mall and busted his lip (although it was back to normal within a couple hours). Today, he tripped and hit the windowsill and cut open his forehead. I was working and got a slightly distraught phone call from Bob (since he's usually the calm one, this did not help me). I had him send me a couple pictures at work to make an official assessment of the situation. It didn't appear to require much...just a little pressure and some cleaning up. Jack acts none the worse for the wear. Although, I almost couldn't handle not being home. I wanted to rush home and scoop him up...more for me than for him I know.
I have to stay over tomorrow after work for an inservice, and I won't get to see him before he goes to bed--which means that I won't see him until Monday morning. I'm struggling with that one. Thankfully, he granted me a good cuddle session before I laid him down (he's doing this cuddling thing a lot more lately...especially before naps and bedtime...I know he's probably trying to stall, but he's never been cuddly before, so his tactics are totally effective).
Anyway, I think Jack's going to be sporting his gash and swollen/bruised forehead for awhile!!
No comments:
Post a Comment