Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I was lucky enough to get off work today at 3:30...which meant I could pick Jack up from daycare. This is a rare treat for me (if you can call it a treat, since he screamed almost the entire way home because he's on day 2 of no napping--God help me if he's trying to give them up). All the other kids were asleep, so I also had the great opportunity to chat with the daycare provider.
I mentioned something about a tempter tantrum, and she looked at me, shocked...and said (in disbelief), "He throws temper tantrums?!?" As it turns out, Jack NEVER throws a fit at daycare. The most upset he might get is to sit down and pout after being told no. That's funny. I told her that he is the KING of temper tantrums at home, and to consider herself lucky.
I also asked about naps. Most of the kids his age have already moved out of cribs and into sleeping bags or cots (normally, around 18 months). Not Jack. There's no way he'll stay where he's supposed to. Apparently, he sleeps in a Pack N Play in a room with one other little guy who talks a lot during naptime. She said that Jack is constantly telling him to be quiet (or as it comes out, "be kiet"...usually followed by shhhhh). And, it just cracks me up picturing him (the kid who never shuts up especially when its time to sleep) telling someone else to pipe down so he can sleep.
It was nice to get more insight into his day, and I was grateful for the opportunity to chat while the other kids were still asleep.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Jack on the move.....on a VERY windy day!


This picture is from this past weekend when we went to Illinois to Bob's mother's house. I have a few more pictures of Jack and his cousin "Jajon" (Jason) playing outside together that I'll post sometime soon. We'll be heading back there this weekend to honor the life of Bob's Grandpa who passed away late last night. He will most surely be missed by those who loved him!

Jen, Grandpa, Sue, and Bob

(Taken July 2009)

No comments: