
...I can't swear that I'll keep it up, but I'm going to make a half-hearted attempt at the blog. I get so overwhelmed by the choices when I have photos that I love, and it takes SO insanely long to upload that I just keep putting it off.
We've had a lovely summer (you know, since I last updated in like June). Busy. Hot. Filled with lots of laughter (and lots of tantrums). Jack is still busy as ever and continues to crack us up multiple times per day. Sadly, all our videos are currently courtesy of my iphone, which seems to be incompatible with uploads to Facebook or Blogger--because I'd love to share some of his goofiness in his own words.
What's he up to these days? Well, 34lbs. And almost 36inches (he won't stand still long enough for me to really check). He's learned all his colors, shapes, he's counting (although he refuses to start at 1, he prefers 5-6-7-8, whatever, he's Jack lol), he's singing along with ABCs (not quite on his own yet), and is currently OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and sharks (he and I have been spending some time at the shark touch tank at the zoo--he's not brave enough yet to touch them, but we're getting closer). I recently took him to the doctor because it seems that his reflux (which has never totally gone away) seemed to be getting worse, so we're back on a microscopic dose of Zantac to see if it helps with the irritability (read: screaming, arching tantrums) that seems to be directly related to it.
The best (and sometimes the worst) part of our days are truly what's coming out of his mouth. He's quite entertaining. Here are some excerpts:
-Cwarabelle!! (Clarabelle). Where's Clarabelle, Jack? I on't know. Can't fine (find) her.
-Poppy dat's gwoss (gross). (He and my dad were playing, and my dad stuck Jack's foot in his mouth, and this was Jack's initial response. He now remembers this, while laughing hysterically, and then proclaims, "I'm funny")
-After being fastened into his carseat, he looked at me, pulled on the straps with all his might, and said, "I'm stuck in here!"
-He took a pillow from the couch, proclaimed, "MINE" repeatedly despite being corrected, so I finally told him that if he said it again, I would take it away. I then hear, in a whisper from across the room, "Its my piyyow!"
-He's also becoming very bossy. As in, "Mommy!! Get in da kitchen. NOW!" "Scoof (scoot) over. NOW." "Open this. NOW." (This certainly doesn't work in getting us to do what he wants, but its a noble effort on his part).

No comments:
Post a Comment