Jack and I went to the zoo again yesterday morning. And he, finally, touched a shark. He was so proud of himself. He started jumping up and down, saying, "I did it! I touch a SHARK!" He wanted to keep touching them, but he has a bad habit of splashing the water, which scares them away. And his little arms just aren't quite long enough to reach the majority of them that do swim by. I am hopeful, though, that this is just the beginning for him. He has such a love for animals...is so intrigued by them, but usually doesn't want to touch them.
After that, the entire zoo visit went downhill, and I walked a tantrum-throwing, crying Jack all the way from the Deserts out to the car. I hate it when something taints a positive experience, but I suppose that is life with a 2 year old, and you just have to try again.
No comments:
Post a Comment