Sunday, October 21, 2012

Covered Bridge Festival

Fall has always been my favorite time of year.  I love the temperatures outside, the smell in the air, the color of the leaves, and the Covered Bridge Festival (which I don't get to go to nearly as often as I'd like).

I escaped from the kids yesterday (thank you, Bob) and headed back home for the day with Staci.
We had a wonderful time sans children to just enjoy the day.  There was no wrangling children in strange places for diaper changes, no attempting to get a cranky kid to sleep in a stroller, no temper tantrums, no rushing a 4 year old to a potty with a line a mile long, no "I'm bored", no trips back to the car to attempt to breastfeed (pumping was an adventure, though).  It was awesome!  And every time we saw someone else's kid throwing a fit or crying, we just smiled. 

This was our view on the back roads we took to get to Bridgeton to avoid traffic...

One of the roads we took on our little back road adventure was so incredibly bumpy we could only go about 4mph and couldn't stop laughing. 

This little chair was my one little find.  I just loved it.  It's old and cracked; the paint is chipped, but it was still very sturdy and super cute.  And all of it's little flaws just added more character.  
The chair is pretty cute, but I'd say it's occupant takes it to a whole new level.
Love this boy!

And I definitely love coming home to these two crazy little guys!

All in all it was a very nice day with one of my favorite people, fantastic food, lots of laughs, and a new little treasure!

No comments: