Oh Benny Boo Boo...
I simply cannot fathom that you are only a month away from turning ONE!
I really want you to stay a baby forever.
And yet, I am looking forward to hearing your little voice...
At 11 months, this is what you are up to:
Sleeping: This is a BIG one. You are FINALLY sleeping through the night (by my definition). For the last few weeks, you have been sleeping 8p-8a. It is heavenly. You are still taking 2 naps during the day. But you are definitely shortening them up a little bit. Your morning nap is barely 2 hours long, and your afternoon naps is usually right over 2 hours (sometimes a little longer).

Eating: For the last month, you have been eating 3 meals a day and breastfeeding 6 times a day.
We are really starting to work with you on eating more "real" food and less pureed food.
You also seem like you're probably getting ready to drop a BFing session during the day before your morning nap.
Teeth: You have 4 teeth. But your two front teeth are literally white pushing on the gums.
They will be busting through any day now. These teeth have made you the most noticeably cranky and clingy. For your sake and mine, I hope it happens sooner rather than later.
Words: You are still pretty much sticking with mama, dada, haven't heard much ja-ja this last month, with an occasional ni-ni. You are also concentrating on g sounds and t sounds. You are signing more, all done, eat, and milk pretty consistently in response to questions or sometimes of your own will to let us know what you want. The other day when I asked you if you wanted more breakfast or if you were all done, you not only signed more, but you said "mo".
Skills: You have gotten to be a little master cruiser. You love going around the table in circles. You have also gotten really good at standing solo. But the last few days you have really started working on taking more and more steps. You took your very first one right before 10 months, and now at 11 months, you can take a few steps at a time. Your best so far has been about 6-7 in a row. You are starting to do it more and more without prompting. I imagine we are right on the verge of full blown walking. Just need a little more practice under our belt!
Clothes: You are completely in 12 months clothes now. I went ahead and put all the 9 month ones away. You wear a size 4 shoe. You still easily wear a size 3 diaper at daycare, and you haven't really changed your settings at all on the cloth diapers at home.
I don't really let or encourage you to watch TV...but with your brother in the house, it's a given that it catches your attention occasionally. The one thing you can't turn away from appears to be Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
You weren't sick at all this last month (woo hoo). And we had no doctor's visits for you. Which is fantastic...but I'm sure it won't last. You still put EVERYTHING you find in your mouth. You can't hardly function if something isn't in your mouth (perhaps I should let you have your pacifier out of your crib after all, now that I think about it). Hoping you stay healthy though for our trip out east in a couple weeks at the very least!!
Weight: 19lbs 4oz (24%)






No comments:
Post a Comment