I'm clearly a failure at blogging--2 entire months without a single post. Let's see if I can sum it up:
July-We had a wonderful visit (short, but nice) with Bob's sister and her family. And we especially loved our brief visit to Bob's aunt's house on the lake. We did make a visit to the Children's Museum here in Indianapolis--but OUR child wasn't as thrilled as we hoped (we'll try again later).
August-We made a trip to the State Fair with our friends Nick and Staci (who I think learned that parenting certainly complicates even the easiest of adventures). We also had a chance to tour the new stadium downtown--even Jack was happy to attend.
Those were probably the highlights of our summer (as you can see we don't exactly get out so much anymore). I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of fall--can't beat sweater weather, leaves changing color, and the Covered Bridge Festival. This upcoming weekend is the NICU Reunion--can't wait to see some of my favorite little kids from over the years.
Jack is still growing like a weed (he's up around 16.5 lbs now) and turned 5 months old this week-its amazing how quickly time flies. He's a ball of fun--and he's constantly picking up new things. He's very grabby. LOVES eating real people food (or at least the pureed version of it)--he might even try to steal yours. His current hobbies include rolling around on the floor, eating his toes, blowing raspberries, drooling, his new Rainforest Jumperoo, and saying ba-ba-ba-ba. Hopefully, he'll be changing those b's to m's pretty soon. :) He's rotten, squirrely, and goofy--and I have no idea how we ever lived without him. He is most certainly the highlight of our days.
No comments:
Post a Comment