Sunday, October 19, 2008

The many faces of Jack...


We've had a fairly busy weekend with different events and outings going on. So this afternoon, we devoted some time to just lounging around the house and playing with Jack.

Jack really reminds me of someone in the above picture, but I haven't quite figured out who. He kept pulling my glasses off my face, so...he got to try them on. Personally, I think he's still cute.

Below, is Jack sitting. This is a RARE occurrence. Not because Jack CAN'T sit...but because he really just doesn't want to.



In the picture to the right....this isn't exactly where I put Jack to start. He was originally laying near me on the floor next to the couch. After deciding he could scoot to get places on Friday, he figured out that maybe rolling was a little bit more fun (and faster) tonight. As for the hat and mittens, well, he got a little chilly during his bath because he literally splashed over half the water out, and then his little hands and cheeks were chilly, so I improvised (its not like he'd sit still to cover up with a blanket).
Over the last couple days (which also prompted an easy day at home)...Jack has become a little sensitive. He doesn't like to be laughed at. He certainly doesn't like to hear raised voices. And sometimes, he's just downright not happy. We're not sure if its just been a little too much activity and he's tired....or if like everything else, you could just blame the extra crankiness on teething.....but literally 20seconds after the above picture was taken, we took the one below. I don't think even HE knows how to feel these days.


I took the bumpers out of Jack's (rarely-used) crib today since he was just using them to pull himself places in hopes that maybe he would take a nap in here. Mmmm...not so much. It looks like he's found other ways to entertain himself like eating the bars and getting his arms and legs stuck.
Please occasionally leave us a comment if you're reading the blog--just so we know that someone actually is. :)

No comments: