I simply cannot believe how fast the past 6 months have gone by. I know everyone tells new parents that it will just fly by...but I guess you truly don't believe it until you experience it for yourself. And while its gone by so quickly....its hard to imagine when he wasn't with us. Its incredibly amazing, and I'll admit a little sad as well, but I absolutely LOVE watching Jack grow up.
Please bear with me....the following is an ungodly long update on Jack's current state of affairs (for the family--i.e. grandmas--who like that sort of thing).
He is so curious....and so 'hands on.' Sometimes when he sees something new or something he wants (which is pretty much EVERYTHING he sees)....he gets this excited look on his face, reaches his little arms out as far as they can go, and starts kicking his legs around. He is SO determined to explore every little thing (i.e. by, of course, putting it directly in his mouth). These days its hard to keep him from rolling onto his belly (which has definitely made diapering, dressing, etc rather difficult) ... especially since once there he can kind of scoot small distances and turn himself in circles. Still a little bit away from crawling, but once he figures out how to put his knees under him, we might be in trouble. Occasionally, he will sit up ALL by himself, but really he has no desire to sit....he'd rather stand or jump, but most of all his attempts at sitting often fail because he just can't sit STILL.
He has recently discovered faces (especially mouths)...but his version of exploring is to splay his fingers over your mouth and then pinch his little fist together (my efforts to thwart this behavior by demonstrating 'the nice way to touch mommy's face' haven't really been successful).
We're hoping someday soon we'll get some hard evidence that all this drooling, mouthing (and well, downright gnawing on OUR hands, his hands, his toes, his socks and basically anything else within range) isn't all for naught. But I have yet to see any real proof of teeth beneath those gums.
Other than trying to keep Jack occupied (and unoccupied at times....the boy's gotta sleep), we haven't been up to much else (we're totally that boring old, married couple). I'll try to update again with more pictures and all of Jack's information after his 6 month appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment