Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Adjectives

What Jack does at daycare and how he behaves/plays pretty much remain a mystery to me. I would love to watch him someday around all the different kids. However, today, I picked Jack up from daycare (a rare occurence due to my schedule) and had a chance to talk to the sitter for a few minutes before leaving.

Here is what I learned:

  • Jack is the life of the party
  • Jack is not 'cliquey'...unlike most, he will play with ANYONE who's willing
  • In the morning (when all the other kids are still tired), Jack is going strong, and will repeatedly bring toys to the other kids to encourage them to get up and play with him
  • Jack is the most active child they take care of (this has been pointed out a few times now)
Um...wonderful! I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that.

I recently read the Happiest Toddler on the Block (a book on raising a toddler... that, after reading, I wouldn't recommend--I hardly find it effective, at least for MY toddler). In it, it lists labels that you shouldn't use for your child...instead use more positive descriptions to describe their behavior. So rather than saying we have a defiant, bossy, hyperactive, stubborn, picky eater.....we should say that we have a brave, spirited, tenacious, discerning leader on our hands. Yeah, okay! Let's just hope Jack uses his powers for good rather than evil.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Jack sounds like a fun baby :) He is so darn cute!