Monday, October 19, 2009

18 Months

Just got back from Jack's 18 month appointment...

Here are his current stats:

Weight: 27lbs 12oz (50th percentile)
Length: 31.5 inches (25th percentile)
OFC (Head Circumference): 18 inches (10th percentile)

Everything seemed to be right on track with no concerns (other than my own, which I'll get to momentarily). My next mission is to get him that darn H1N1 vaccine...if it ever becomes available. And then to make an appointment with a pediatric dentist just so he can start getting used to going.

On the homefront....
We're battling with illness again...it already seems like its neverending this season. Cold after cold. Now Jack has some virus (cough, diarrhea, runny nose, but no fever). Bob is sick with what I can only imagine is a flu of some sort--the doctor said to make him come in tomorrow if he's still running fevers (I'm sure he will be). And while I've had the stuffy nose and cough that never leaves, I'm now waiting to catch what Bob has. I'm praying I don't, but realistic enough to think that my chances aren't looking good. I'm not sure who will take care of Jack if I get sick (Bob has been in seclusion in the bedroom since he woke up yesterday morning).

I'm going a little nutty doing it all by myself. Kudos to single parents! I'm not even 48 hours in, and I want a break. No one to talk to...except Jack (who I find is trying the very little patience I have left on a much more frequent basis). Its boring, tiring, tedious, and there's the ever present worry about Jack (and I) getting sick. Ugh!

Thanks for listening to the rants and worries of this crazy mommy! :)

No comments: