(7/28/12)
This evening we were getting ready to run a bunch of errands and Jack hurt himself. He was apparently running around on all fours like he was a horse...and next thing I know he's crying and says, "I stepped on my sumb (thumb)." Since he's the craziest child on the planet, and not a day goes by that he doesn't somehow get hurt, I brushed it off and said, "Oh you'll be fine." And a few minutes later, he was done crying and we went on with our day. A couple hours later, though, his thumb looked swollen and wouldn't extend. So Jack and I traipsed off to Urgent Care at 9:15pm. The first one we went to had a 2-3 hour wait. Um no thanks. I tried to convince him we could wait until tomorrow, but he wouldn't have it. So we went to a different one, who got us right in and took some x-rays (after a little disbelief that one could actually step on their OWN thumb). The x-rays didn't show any fracture or dislocation, so they splinted it and wanted us to see an orthopedic doctor in the next couple days.
We kind of got the run around with the orthopedic clinics, so we only saw our regular pediatrician today, who really wasn't concerned after Jack thumb wrestled him. But, we'll continue to keep an eye on it since it still doesn't extend fully.




No comments:
Post a Comment