Jack is a hardcore thumb sucker. Since, well, always. It's such a grody little habit. Yesterday, after leaving Urgent Care to pick up the x-ray pictures, I reminded him not to suck his thumb until I had a chance to sanitize his hands. To which he replied, "I don't want to suck my thumb." (This was strange because usually he's at it every opportunity). I really thought at this point it was just a one time deal. However, throughout the rest of the day, he made it clear he really didn't want to suck his thumb ANYMORE. Once when I caught him doing it, I said, "you're sucking your thumb" and he said, "oh, I don't want to do that anymore" and jerked it out of his mouth. And this trend has continued ever since. We are certainly hoping that this is IT!! (And, I'm shockingly a little teeny tiny bit sad at the possibility...because it's been such a part of who he is.)
-------------
Update 8/7/2012: This was a no go. Once he went to bed and fell asleep, the thumb went back in his mouth, and he essentially forgot about his new plan after the first 2 days. Oh well, we'll keep working on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment