June 12th-Ben made the MaMa sound for the first time. He was on the floor crying and started going, "ma ma, ba ba, ma ma, ba ba...". I was with the boys at my parents' house, and multiple times Ben would be reaching for me, upset, and kind of crying "ma ma". Poppy and TT swore he was really saying Mama intentionally.
After that day, he didn't ever even make the noise again until this week. Now he's started up again. He usually only does it when he's upset and wants me. The last two nights when I've gotten home from work, as soon as he sees me he's started crying and crawling towards me, all the while going, "mama mama mama....". Daddy is a bit jealous. Oh well. He doesn't even make the D sounds yet...and I think that's fair after 9 long, painful months of pregnancy, nearly 8 more sleepless months, c-section recovery, breastfeeding...I think Mama deserves the first word this go round.
No comments:
Post a Comment