Monday, August 6, 2012

A Most Memorable Day

August 6, 2007

Five years ago today turned out to be a very special day.
Bob and I had been trying to get pregnant since November/December of 2006 and were on our 3rd round of Clomid.  I was feeling a little off this day, and, of course, reading into every symptom I came up with.  When Bob got home, I took a pregnancy test...and despite my high hopes, not really expecting it to look any different than it ever had. Low and behold...


...there were two pink lines.  

I came rushing out, begging Bob to see what I saw.

He did.

The next several minutes, hours were filled with ecstatic disbelief.

It was the first moment I knew of my child's existence.  

The exact moment I became a mother.

And thus began several days weeks...okay, a lifetime of worry and the most incredible love I have ever known.

No comments: