Thursday, August 16, 2012

State Fair or Bust.


Bust.  Total, complete bust.

This was Jack this morning after I told him we were going to the fair today with Poppy, TT, and Uncle Tom and Aunt Andrea.  He was so excited to see the animals and ride rides.  He was determined to ride a roller coaster (initially he asked if the State Fair had loller coasters, but when I asked him to repeat his question for the camera, he corrected himself).  He told me he was going to ride them and be REALLY brave.  

Well, the weather forecast wasn't looking so hot.  About an hour before the rest of the fair-goers arrived Jack told me his head hurt, then he readily agreed to a nap.  I was slightly worried about him (okay, so my job has made me so psychotic I briefly hoped he didn't have a brain tumor).  Anyways, I was so busy thinking worst case scenario, I spaced that when he says he has a headache it ALWAYS has meant he has a fever.  So when there was a break in the weather, we headed out and hoped for the best.  In the car, he told me his tongue was hot.  Uh...
...okay.  I got it now.  Crap.  

He was still acting fine.  We were already on our way.  

I figured we'd strap him into the stroller and he'd be good to go. Not so much.  
It was rainy and gross.  All the stinking food tents closed up shop as soon as it started to rain.
We were basically stuck inside the Coliseum (at least there were competitions going on) while it poured and stormed outside. And Jack was miserable.  He just kept asking to go home. So my mom and I geared up to head out (everyone else was going to stay to see if it let up and finish watching the horse competition).  It was pouring down rain, and we got completely drenched.  I paid $20...and all I got was a freaking corn dog (that cost me an additional $5).  No fried mac n cheese.  No fried cookie dough.  No milk shake from the dairy barn. No corn on the cob.  No cute pictures of the kids and animals. No pony rides for Jack. 

And most definitely no roller coaster ride for the sick boy.
(He was 100.8 when we got home, gave him some Advil since he felt so terrible, and he perked right up.)

And that will be my only fair experience this year. Boo.

A few pictures we did get...

My Uncle Tom (the 76ers Fan) meeting Boomer, the Pacers mascot.

Jack looking at the paper Boomer autographed.

This is how Ben hung out until he finally went to sleep.
He kept leaning way back and staring at the ceiling/sky.
He was making a complete spectacle of us, but at least he managed to stay dry.



No comments: