Friday, January 2, 2009

Be glad...

...that I've decided not to add pictures with this post. But if you have a weak stomach, maybe you should pass on this one!

Tonight, Bob and I decided since Jack had taken 2 awesomely long naps today, that we could brave going to the movies. We were dying to see Marley & Me (especially since we'd read the book when it came out 3 years ago--right after we got our own 'world's worst dog'). So we headed out.

For nearly the first hour Jack sat there completely enthralled with the movie. Then I gave him his nighttime bottle, which got him just sleepy enough that he even drifted off to sleep, although he didn't quite want to finish it--not the usual deal, but I didn't think much of it. I couldn't believe how well this was going. It was SO great!!! I was enjoying a good movie with my husband and my little guy was sound asleep on my chest. All was good in our world.

Ha ha ha....little did I know.

About 30 minutes after he'd fallen asleep...he started to stir. No biggie! Then he coughed a few times, and completely woke up. Then he puked.....we're still fine at this point because well, we all know that Jack is always spitting up. As I'm trying to wipe up the small mess on my chest, Jack pukes again. Little more this time! So I decide to exit at this point to discreetly clean up......when he projectile vomits 3 times all over me. Whole last bottle down my sweatshirt! Okay, fine. I get out of the theater......JUST IN TIME for assault #2. He projectile puked his entire dinner (from about 5 hours before) out his mouth and both nostrils!!! And he'd had peas with his dinner--so it was all thick, green, etc (sorry for the description, but I need someone else to feel my pain).

Eventually I manage to find a changing table and got him changed while I dry-heaved my way through the smell....I sadly had no change of clothes. As soon as the puking was over, Jack seemed none the worse for the wear. We managed to (barely) catch the end of the movie, then high-tailed it out of there. We were attempting this afternoon to start switching Jack over to regular formula--and had done a couple 1/2 and 1/2 bottles--clearly that didn't work out so well. So that could be the culprit and not some awful stomach bug.

He is acting quite fine, but, of course, this had to happen the night he's going to his own room. I'm a little freaked out, so we'll see!!

No comments: