Monday, March 16, 2009

Finally...


This little man has finally started gaining weight (he was almost at a standstill for the last 2-3 months). We had to make a trip to the doctor today....and he weighed in at 20lbs 8oz. That's nearly 2lbs since he was weighed at 9 months. It appears that his appetite has finally caught up to his activity level (certainly helps that we've 'almost' left puking by the way side).
And now for my venting session:
Sickness has once again hit our house--Jack is coughing up a storm and super snotty. I'm so overwhelmingly tired of Jack picking up things at daycare (he doesn't really go anywhere else because one of us is always sick nowadays, so this is about the only option). I know its going to happen. Its par for the course. Its nobody's fault. And I can tell myself all this til the cows come home, but it doesn't make me any less frustrated. We haven't gone more than 2-3 weeks between doctor's visits since November. One of us is always coming down with something. I've been to see our family doctor more this past winter than I've been to see a doctor in the last 15 years. Its insane.
I'm tired of Jack being sick, tired of getting sick myself, tired of Bob getting sick, tired of worrying about getting sick, tired of spending an outrageous amount of money at the doctor's office and the pharmacy, tired of one of us having to call in to work, tired of using my vacation time for sick time--I think you get the picture. We try so hard to never send Jack to daycare when he's sick. Certainly, there are times when they are contagious before they have symptoms and it can't be helped. But is everyone else doing the same? I can't see how. Its just so different when its YOUR baby that keeps catching bugs and getting sick.
Anyway....hopefully this beautiful weather this week will signal the start of spring (and maybe just maybe the end to cold and flu season). I sure hope so cause I'm not sure how much more I can take.

No comments: