Monday, February 1, 2010

More Tidbits

This morning Jack and I ran errands in preparation for our trip out east--we leave Thursday night. When we went inside Best Buy, it was just going to be a quick trip, so I went without the stroller and sadly, they had no carts. I carried him because he's not a stellar hand-holder (he constantly tries to get away), but he kept telling me "e wanna wa"...I want to walk! Of course, if he's going to use words to express himself and not crazy arching, screaming tantrums, I'm going to oblige--but basically this just meant I set him down, and 30 seconds later was picking him up again when he tried to get away, he'd say he wants to walk, and repeat. We survived without a meltdown, though, and actually got what we came for. Progress!

------------------------------------------------------

Out in public, Jack says 'HI' to every single person we pass. Which in many stores amounts to hi, hi, hi, hi, hi....hi...hi....

Its quite endearing to us, but its surprising how many people don't even turn their heads to that sweet little voice. He's so social, though, and even went so far as to initiate peek-a-boo with the couple behind us.

------------------------------------------------------

Every time I went to get Jack out of his carseat today, when I'd open the back door, he'd look at me, raise a finger crookedly to his little mouth and go, 'Shhhhhhhhhhh' and giggle. How cute!!!

------------------------------------------------------

(I'm trying to do more short little posts like this to remember all the little things Jack is saying and doing. I didn't do a conventional baby book, so for all intents and purposes, this is his baby book. So, sorry for some of the possibly boring little posts without pictures, but I know I'll be glad to have them in a few years!)

No comments: