Monday, November 17, 2008
Naptime Bootcamp Part 2
After months of not wanting to take naps anywhere but in my arms...I came to the conclusion that drastic measures needed to be taken. I really didn't understand why a child who goes to bed on his own every night was so adamantly opposed to taking a nap by himself. So--some 'crying it out' was necessary (although I kind of tweaked it my own way--so it didn't seem quite so traumatic for him or for me). However, I am quite happy to report that after deciding to restrict naptime (at home anyway) late last week to his own 'bed' and around the same times everyday--Jack has been taking marvelous naps (up to 3 hours in the afternoon even) all by himself for a couple days now--that frees me up to get stuff done around the house or even take my own nap sans Jack (even if he was kind of cuddly). The first couple days were tough, but then he took to it like a charm--and is doing great. And, thankfully, it wasn't quite so traumatic after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment