Today, Ben had his well baby checkup. It became very apparent today that he's in the stranger anxiety phase. My word. He screamed and hollered anytime the nurse or the doctor touched him...for NO reason.
His official stats:
Weight: 18lbs 7.5oz (25th percentile)
Height: 27.5 inches (15th percentile)
OFC: 17.5 inches (25th percentile)
The length was a little tricky (I swear they need length boards, because their current method just isn't cutting it). They lay them on the white paper and mark head and foot with a pen and then measure between the two. With a wiggly baby, this barely works. Then, the nurse was doing the pen beside his head rather than putting her pen at the top of his head, and shorted him well over an inch (he was shorter than at 6 months). Thankfully, the doctor saw that himself and decided to remeasure.
All in all, it was pretty uneventful. They did have the flu shots in, so both Jack and Ben got a flu shot (poor Ben still has to have one more this year in a month). Jack did very well with his. I told him he was going to get it probably about 5 minutes before the nurse came in. He was appropriately concerned, but not freaking out. He said with a really pouty lip, "But that'll make my leg hurt." I let him decide who would get theirs first...and he chose Ben. When it was his turn, he said he really didn't want to do this, but climbed up and laid down without any coaxing. He started sniffling and tearing up before she even did it, and then said, "owww" but by then it was already over.
Ben also recovered very quickly (which was good since I immediately had to put him in his carseat to help with Jack). I did catch him chewing on his bandaid a few minutes later. Yuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment