Saturday, September 1, 2012

First Overnight...


So, Bob and I had some big plans for this weekend around the house.
And, in mentioning it to my parents, they offered to take the boys to their house. 
While I am NOWHERE near ready to let Ben go anywhere, we decided it was time to bite the bullet and let Jack stay the night.  (It's hard because it's over an hour away, and saying I'm paranoid is an understatement lol). 

When they offered,  I came home and asked Jack first before giving them an answer.  He told me, "Yes, I absolutely DO want to go to Poppy and TT's house...all alone.  And I'm not going to cry about it."  He had one moment in the bedroom with me before he left when he said kind of quietly, "I don't want to go all alone." But he let it deter him, and he went along happily. 

As it turns out, Jack had a wonderful time.  He didn't even want to come home.  So, I'd say it was a success.
And I'm sure he'll be begging to do it again soon (and I imagine so will Poppy and TT).

Here are my pictures of Ben getting into trouble without big brother to constantly corral him...


No comments: