Thursday, September 20, 2012

Getting (more) Vocal

The only sounds Ben had made for the last couple months had been 'ba' and 'ma'.  And, of course, I count his first word as "mama"...but truly it was more of just a string of 'ma ma ma ma ma' he made when he wanted me, usually crawling toward me crying.  He certainly was discriminate in only using it towards me, but it was also almost a distress call.

On Wednesday, this week, when he and I first got up, I set him in the exersaucer while I ran to the bathroom.  He was watching me, and I had my back turned to wash my hands, and he goes, "Mama".  I immediately turned around, and he just grinned at me really big.  I think we can count this one officially!!
Later this day he was standing between Bob and I at the couch, and looked at Bob and made a da sound, then looked at me and went ma ma.

One of the funniest things he does is string together "ba ba ma ma" and it sounds like bad, bad mama.  I always laugh when he does it.

But, we're also starting to hear lots of other new noises lately...

-da (few and far between compared to the "music to your ears" sounds of ma ma)
-yeah
-dj (it really sounds like this...almost like maybe he's trying to do Jack)
-wuh

No comments: