Okay, well, actually Friday was the day.
We moved Ben to his own room.
It has, shockingly, been anticlimactic.
(Take 1)
I was hopeful this would be a magical fix to get him to sleep through the night. Although we all know, there aren't "magical" fixes. This boy is going to do it when he wants to do it. And until then, I'm now going to march myself down the hall to nurse him. He's better than he was a few months ago for sure. He lays down around 7:30-8:00pm and wakes up for good around 7:30-9:30am. He will usually wake up 1 (occasionally 2) times in that span of time. Sometimes, like last night, he'll make it clear until 5:00am...other times, he wakes up in the 12:00-1:00am time frame. I'm willing to tolerate a minute or two of fussing, but not much more than that (he's right next to Jack now, and I don't really want 2 kids awake in the middle of the night). Plus, one of these nights will be the last time that he wakes to nurse overnight, and, as much as I want sleep, I'm going to miss those cuddles too.
We're doing our best to turn the spare bedroom into Ben's bedroom, but there are definitely some other things I want to add (Pinterest here I come) to make it his (especially since we're recycling the bee nursery theme from Jack). I suppose we should paint it too, but I have yet to recover from painting Jack's room.
 |
| Tractor from Papa Roy |
 |
| I bought a new little shelf, so all of this stuff has moved. |
 |
| Love our announcement from Grandma in the black frame! |
 |
| Whoops...captured more dust than I intended to! |
No comments:
Post a Comment